‘Hearing Voices’ is a term used to represent the experience of what is also called ‘auditory hallucinations’, or hearing things that other people cannot. ‘Hearing Voices’ can also be related to the experiences of seeing visions, sensing things and beliefs that others may find unusual.
Many people hear voices and find them helpful, sacred or just a normal part of life. Some people find voices confusing or frightening and seek help to cope. These people are commonly diagnosed with schizophrenia or another mental illness.
This course is the perfect starting place if you are new to the Hearing Voices Approach.
By the end of the 2 days you will have a solid understanding of the Hearing Voices Approach and how to apply it in practical settings. These skills are transferable either for yourself, in your work as a mental health professional or in your family/home environment.
· Want to better understand the experience of hearing voices & recovery
· Want to start a hearing voices group
· Are interested in a new approach to working with individuals on their voices
· Want to change your own relationship with voices
· Work with voice hearers in a clinical or community setting
· Are a friend or family member of a voice hearer