Leather is a thing of beauty. Aesthetically and tactilely it’s wonderful, and that’s why we love pairing leather chairs with a timber furniture for a dramatic look in our homes. However, there are many myths and misconceptions surrounding leather upholstery and maintenance can be difficult if you’re not familiar with the material. It is important to buy real leather as it is a natural product and full-grain leather will conform to the body, shape and last longer than synthetic material.
Where to Buy Leather Sofas in Singapore
With many furniture manufacturers and retailers to choose from, where do you purchase your leather sofa? Furniture stores tend to have one or two options available but also carry a wide variety of ready-made products. These stores include:
1. Courts – Courts is a popular retailer known for their range of functional yet stylish furniture, offering children’s furniture, leather sofas, occasional furniture and bedroom furniture.
2. Harvey Norman – Harvey Norman is a popular electronics-cum-household goods retailer with many branches in Singapore. They have a range of leather sofas available with covers that can be removed for cleaning or replaced when the cover wears out over time. They also carry in-house brands such as Catalano and Restor.
3. IKEA – IKEA is a popular international retailer that sells a range of ready-made furniture in addition to accessories and home furnishings. The Scandinavian design also appeals to many, allowing you to add a touch of modernism in your living room with their plush leather sofas.
4. Jayson – Jayson is a local furniture retailer that has been around for over 10 years, offering a range of living room furniture made from quality materials with a modern look and feel. As well as leather sofas, they also carry a wide selection of occasional tables and dining sets.
5. StyleX – StyleX is a furniture retailer with its own range of quality, stylish and affordable products including living room chairs, dining tables, and more.
6. Habitat – Habitat specializes in selling modern furniture that can match your needs, appealing to both individuals and families. Their leather sofas are not only made from high-quality material but have a wide range of designs and styles to choose from.
Wherever you decide to buy your leather sofa in Singapore, it is important that you check the frame for solid construction, look at the internal structures such as springs to determine the firmness and comfort level of the material, and remember to try out different seating positions.